Thursday, February 16, 2012

Let's meet Pastor George

A funny thing happened to Assembly of God pastor George Rubio during his ministry days. 


He became a Christian.


For many years, the pastor in Zamboanga del Sur on the island of Mindanao in The Philippines struggled with the question, "Can I know I am saved?" Fortunately, he met his cousin, Pastor Mario Montero, one day and they had a great conversation.


"He teached about the doctrine of Salvation so I was convience and after that he was the baptizing me and my wife," Pastor George said in an email to Homegrown Harvesters. His spelling has been preserved. "So that’s the way I understand about Salvation , In Ephesians 2:5,8, 'For by grace I am save.'"


He added, "When I was in pentecostal, I don’t know if I am save." How does he now know of his salvation? "So therefore I thank the Lord because I am received Jesus Christ as my Personal Savior in my Life," he said. How great a blessing now for this dear pastor to know he is saved without any doubt. 


So what does a pastor do after he gets saved? He keeps preaching, of course. Pastor George leads the work at Shiloh Bible Baptist Church in Mahayag, and he has an extension in Molave.Both of these places are in Zamboanga del Sur.


These ministries are on the same lots where Pastor George preached as an Assembly of God pastor, but now the churches are missions from SBBC Punta. However, the lots are still registered with the government under the Assembly of God Church of Molave. In order to transfer the titles of the lots to the SBBC ministry, the church must file certain papers with the government. The required fees total 35,000 Philippine pesos. That's about $815 US based on today's exchange rate. 


Let's join Pastor George as he and his church pray for the funds to transfer the title of the lots to the current church. And praise God that a preacher got saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment