Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wise building

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." -- Psalm 127:1

I remember the first time I heard this Psalm discussed in depth. I was driving to my parents' house the day my ex-wife moved out. I was listening to the radio, and James MacDonald and Walk in the Word came on the radio. His entire sermon was based on that Psalm.

Now, consider that day. My heart was shattered, and as I pulled up to the redlight in Montgomery, Ala., that first verse came on the radio. It's hard to describe the emotions I had that day, but I was certainly aware that God was speaking to me. Certainly, it is frustrating to try to build what God is not building.

As we begin this work, we ask you to pray for us at Homegrown Harvesters. We are small right now. We have a vision we believe God is giving to us. But we want to make sure that we build our "house" of ministry as God wants it. Please pray for us, that we will only build what God builds. In fact, pray that we will not build anything. Pray that we will only be the tools God uses to build His work here.

In Christ,
Micah Lewter

No comments:

Post a Comment